Sweet Jean's Fabulous Croutons
Be inspired with this stunning, yet simple to make homemade crouton recipe. We guarantee it's ten times better than anything you’ll find at the grocery store.
- scrambled eggs, skip the dry toast and top them with croutons
- your favorite soup, adds delicious texture
- polenta, melty cheese meets crispy croutons
- casseroles, instead of dry bread crumbs, try croutons
- and of course, salads
- ¼ lb unsalted butter or margarine
- 3 tbsp With a Kick or Sweet Habanero
- 3 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- 3 tsp finely chopped parsley
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ⅓ lb bread, torn into ½ pieces (we love crustless ciabatta bread)
- Heat the oven to 350*F (180C).
- Put the butter in a medium saucepan on medium heat.
- When it starts to foam, whisk in the Sweet Jeans mustard, herbs and a quarter-teaspoon of salt, take off the heat, leave for a couple of minutes to cool slightly.
- Next, stir in the ciabatta.
- Spread out on a parchment-lined baking tray and bake for 12-15 minutes, until crisp.
- Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- Store in an airtight container.