Sweet Habanero Pulled Pork Sliders
Pulled pork and Sweet Habanero are a great combination.
These sliders are perfect for dinner but might require some prep work for the pulled pork.
I like to make my pulled pork in a pressure cooker (you know, that pot that cooks instantly!)
You could put the whole thing together in about an hour and a half if you hustle, or make the pork the day ahead.
- 2-pound pork shoulder roast or get a 4-pound roast for leftovers (Do this. Street tacos tomorrow?)
- One package of dinner rolls
- 4 oz butter, melted
- Sweet Jeans Sweet Habanero Mustard
- One cup chicken stock. Boxed from the store is fine. We know. You’re busy!
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder (double the salt, pepper, and cumin if using a 4-pound roast)
- Two tablespoons vegetable oil
- Cube the pork roast into about 2-inch pieces. Toss the pork in the salt, pepper, and cumin powder.
- Set your pot to sauté, add the oil, and brown the seasoned pork cubes. You might need to do this in a couple of batches.
- Once browned, return all of the pork to the pressure cooker pot and add the chicken stock.
- Attach the lid and set the pot to pressure cooker high for 20 minutes. Let it coast for about 20 minutes after the pressure cooking is complete.
- Release the remaining pressure and remove the lid. Remove the pork to a bowl and shred the pork with a fork (hey that rhymes).
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Slice the rolls in half, you know, slider style.
- Mix three cups of the pulled pork with ¾ cup of Sweet Jeans Sweet Habanero. Take a little taste and add more Sweet Jeans at your discretion. We trust you.
- Place the bottom of the rolls bundle in a greased 9 x 13 ceramic dish. Spread the pork mixture evenly.
- Top with the top of the buns.
- Melt the butter and mix in two tablespoons of Sweet Jeans Sweet Habanero. Spread that goodness all over the rolls and cover the dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, remove the foil and bake for another 8 minutes. Remove and enjoy!