Grilled Italian Sausage and Peppers Hoagie
"With a Kick"shines in this beautiful summer grilling recipe.
Not in an Italian Sausage kind of mood? This recipe works perfectly with Bratwurst, Andouille, Chorizo, Kielbasa, and more.
- Sweet Jeans “With a Kick” Mustard
- 6 Hoagie Rolls
- 6 Italian Sausage links
- 3 Bell Peppers, Red, Yellow, Orange, or Green
- 2 Large Yellow Onions
- Vegetable Oil
- Turn the grill to medium high.
- Cut the peppers in half and remove the stem and seeds. Peel the onions and slice them across in ½ inch slices leaving the rounds intact. Brush the peppers and onions with the oil.
- Place the peppers, onions, and sausages on the grill over direct heat. Turn the peppers, onion, and sausage over after about 4 minutes, or when you start to see browning.
- Remove after another 4 minutes, or when they appear cooked.
- After the peppers and onions have cooled a bit, cut into slices.
- Turn the grill down to medium low.
- Open the hoagie rolls and brush the insides with oil. Place the rolls with the oiled side down to toast the rolls. About 30 seconds to a minute.
- Remove the rolls and spread Sweet Jean’s “With a Kick” on the toasted side.
- Place the sausage in the roll and spread more Sweet Jean’s “With a Kick” on it.
- Top with the grilled peppers and onions and enjoy.